2018 KTAA Exhibition opening night
Best of Show & Winner Traditionally pieced. Winner- Hanan Al Kazemi
Modern quilt: Winner-Afifa Behbehani
Wearable Art-Winner Laila Al Solaiman
Afghan :Winner- Lynette Dsouza
Center piece of Tulip
Crochet table cloth or mat :Winner-Lynette Dsouza
Toys: Winner- Marlyn Kamal
Beyond the Galaxy
Beginner: Winner-Maddi ElIssawi
Mix Techniques: Winner-Maha Saleh Al Ajeel
Bags: Winner-Marlyn Kamal
Paper Pieced:-Winner-Yan Liu
Art Quilt: Winner-Nawal Al Hazzani
Appliqued: winner- Nadia Al Jarrah
Berber welcome in Taroudant
Embroidery: Winner-Suzanne Mannolini
Art quilt by Nawal Al Hazzani
Judges choice by Lisbet Borgggreen
Traditional Bedouin Weaving: Master Winner-Laila Yaser
Traditional Bedouin Weaving : Student. Winner Hayat Al Bloshy
Traditional Bedouin Weaving
Winner: Laila Yaser – Wall Hang
Second: Mutaira Mosalem – Wober bag
Third: Laila Yaser – Bosat
Winner: Hayat Al Bloshy
Second: Hayat Al Bloshy
Third: Hayat Al Bloshy
Winner: Laila Al Solaiman – Pineaple
Second: Suzanne Mannolini – Harlequin
Third: Laila Al Solaiman – Little House
Highly Commended: Suzanne Mannolini – Pink Cables
Crochet Table Cloth or Mat
Winner: Lynette Dsouza – Center piece of Tulip
Second: Suzanne Mannolini – Spot in the pink
Third: Marlyn Kamal – Doily
Winner: Lynette Dsouza – Baby Blanket
Second: Amal Sadek – Happy Days
Third: Amal Sadek – Pinky
Highly Commended: Afifa Behbehani – Baby Blanket
Winner: Suzanne Mannolini – Berber welcome in taroudant
Second: Marlyn Kamal – Lamp Shade
Third: Amal Sadek – Elegant
Winner: Marlyn Kamal – Laurie Lion
Winner: Marlyn Kamal – Crochet Bag
Second: Suzzan Mannolini-2018 String Bag
Third: Marlyn Kamal – Shoulder Bag
Winner: Hanan Al Kazemi – 3D Pyramids
Second: Anette Rasmussen – Cowboy Quilt
Third: Lynette Dsouza – Showers of Flowers
Highly Commended: Laila Alsolaiman – Card trick
winner: Nawal AlHazzani – Why
Second: Nawal AlHazzani – Mykonos
Third: Yan Liu – Woman with a Fan
Winner: Nadia Al Jarrah – Autum Allure
Second: Nawal Al Hazzani – 4 Finger
Third: Liliana Casas – This is Colombia
Highly Commended: Anette Rasmussen – Plates
Winner: Yan Liu – Dear Hannah
Second: Hanan Al Kazemi – Prince of Humanity
Third: Anette Rasmussen – Drops
Winner: Afifa Behbehani – Zodiac Signs
Second: Laila Al Solaiman- 3D
Winner: Maha Al Ajeel – Blue Garden
Second: Hanan Al Kazemi – My Shelf
Third: Laila Al Solaiman – Crazy Quilt
Winner: Maddi ElIssawi – Beyond the Galaxy
Second: Yasmin Gallego – Bedroom Decorative
Third: Venesa Varela – Lucia
Highly Commended: Esraa Marafi – Mini Quilt
Judge choice by Lisbet Borggreen: Nawal Al Hazzani – Mykonos
Best in Show: Hanan Al Kazemi – 3D Pyramids
Kuwait Textile Arts Assosiations 19 th Annual Exhibition opens at 7 pm on 15 th April 2018 with grand opening and awards ceremony. Exhibition will be open to public uptill 17 th April 2018 .
The show will be judged by international quilt judge Lisbet Borggreen from Denmark. Lisbet Borggreen will be conducting two workshops for the Kuwait Quilters Group during her stay in Kuwait.
Insert Circles Workshop
16 th April 2018
Japanese Folded Workshop
17 th April 2018
Hanan Al Kazemi
15 th April 2018
Opening and Awards ceremony
Kuwait Texile Arts Association Cordially invites you to the 19 th annual exhibition .
The show will be judged by international quilt judge Lisbet Borggreen from Denmark.
Lisbet Borggreen will be conducting two workshops for the Kuwait Quilters Group during her stay in Kuwait.
The exhibition will be show casing the recent works of Kuwait quilters , Fibre Arts group,and Sadu Weavers and organized and put together by the Exhibition coordinator Hanan Al Kazemi.
All are welcome to attend.
Traditionally Pieced, whole cloth, English paper piecing, Hand or machine Quilting.
2- Art Quilt
Pictures made from fabric can use different techniques
Hand or machine applique’. Hand or Machine Quilting.
4- Paper Pieced
Foundation Paper Piecing. Hand Quilting or Machine Quilting.
5- Modern Quilt
New style of quilt, check the internet or modern quilt magazine for example. Hand or Machine Quilting.
6- Mix techniques
Work that combines multiple techniques into one quilt.
Any design, any style, any size you like. Hand or Machine Quilting.
New quilter 2 years or less. Hand or Machine Quilting.
1- Wearable Art
Clothing made by crochet, knitting, or loom, Including:
Jacket, Shawl, sweater
2- Crochet table cloth or mat
Any table cover made by crochet
Any size or type of blanket made by crochet, loom and knitting.
Hand embroidery stitches including cross stitch, counting stitch.
Any project, any size you like.
Any style of toys: Knitting, Crochet.
Bags made by crochet, Knitting, Loom, other techniques and hand sewing.
Submitting your entry form:
Entry forms must be submitted no later than
Monday, April 2, 2018.
Exhibitionentries@gmail.com One form will be needed for each of your entries
Submitting your work:
Your Work must be Submitted no later than 11 am on Thursday, April 12th 2018
1. All participants in the exhibition should be members of KTAA with membership registration before December 31, 2017. Moreover, members should be active: meaning attending some monthly meeting, and sharing your knowledge with the group.
2. Work displayed and judged in previous years in Kuwait, will not be allowed to be exhibited.
3. Project submitted to the exhibition must be your own work, not done in collaboration with someone else.
4. Work should be recently completed within the last year.
5. Each member will be allowed to display up to 3 items from the same category. The first of which will be displayed free of charge the second and third items will be charged a fee of 5 KD each.
6. All fiber art entries must be done by hand. No machine use is allowed.
7. All quilts including bed quilts, must have a hanging sleeve on the back which is at least 4 inches deep and about 2 inches narrower than the width of the quilt, through which a piece of doweling or bamboo will fit. For bed size quilts put two sleeves on the top with 4’’ gap between. For larger quilts if you put a hanging sleeve from the bottom as well as dowel can be put in there too to ensure the quilt hangs straight.
8. Work submitted must be in a finished state and ready for hanging.
9. The committee has the right to move entries if they are in the wrong category, the committee will notify the artist of the move.
10. The hanging committee will determine the method of hanging and the location of the entries. The Committee also reserves the right to reject any item from the exhibition if hanging is not possible, too problematic or it is in an unfinished state.
11. All submissions must have an identifying label with the name of the artist and title of work securely attached to the back of the entry. Print off the registration number or hand write it, and stitch it over your name. Any item without label will be rejected.
12. If you wish to offer an entry for sale, please indicate your price on the entry form. By offering your entry for sale, you give permission to publish your phone number. All transactions will be between yourself and the potential customer. If you offer your entry for sale, it is your responsibility to ensure that you comply with permission to sell it if you have used a commercial pattern.
13. Every member must complete the entry form that will hang beside her work and send it via email. Kindly use the “comic sans” font to fit to half page.
14. All Participants must attend the hanging process and take turns supervising the hall during the exhibition hours.
Completing the entry form on your computer – 5 easy steps:
1. Download the entry form to your computer.
2. Complete one separate form for each entry and save it on your computer.
3. Compose an e-mail to email@example.com and attach your entry form and send it no later than April 2, 2018. Please submit before the deadline, so the committee has time for the preparations.
4. You will receive a confirmation email.
5. You will receive message with your registration number, print the registration number and stitch it over your name. Any item without label will be rejected.
Collection of Entries
You may pick up your entries on Wednesday April 18, 2018. between 9-11 am at the exhibition hall, please indicate on your entry if someone else is collecting your work.
By sending an entry form to KTAA I agree to honor the rules of the show and to accept the decisions of the judges as final. I understand that KTAA will take every precaution to safeguard the entries during the exhibition, but they will not be held liable for damage or loss. I agree to allow photography of my entry. I agree to permit the image to be used for publications for and about the show. I understand that credit will be given where possible, but that there will be no compensation paid for such use.
Thank you for participating in the 2018 KTAA Exhibition
KTAA Exhibition Coordinator 2018
We will be holding our annual KTAA Fall bazaar on Saturday, November 11th 2017.
We invite you to come and participate in this unique and exciting handicraft bazaar at the historic Sadu house!
Time :10am to 6pm
The Bazaar is open to all.
Michele Ballerand (KTAA Bazaar coordinator)
A selection of photos from previous years .