KTAA Annual Exhibition 2018
Entry Category List 2018
Traditionally Pieced, whole cloth, English paper piecing, Hand or machine Quilting.
2- Art Quilt
Pictures made from fabric can use different techniques
Hand or machine applique’. Hand or Machine Quilting.
4- Paper Pieced
Foundation Paper Piecing. Hand Quilting or Machine Quilting.
5- Modern Quilt
New style of quilt, check the internet or modern quilt magazine for example. Hand or Machine Quilting.
6- Mix techniques
Work that combines multiple techniques into one quilt.
Any design, any style, any size you like. Hand or Machine Quilting.
New quilter 2 years or less. Hand or Machine Quilting.
1- Wearable Art
Clothing made by crochet, knitting, or loom, Including:
Jacket, Shawl, sweater
2- Crochet table cloth or mat
Any table cover made by crochet
Any size or type of blanket made by crochet, loom and knitting.
Hand embroidery stitches including cross stitch, counting stitch.
Any project, any size you like.
Any style of toys: Knitting, Crochet.
Bags made by crochet, Knitting, Loom, other techniques and hand sewing.
Rules and Regulations 2018
Submitting your entry form:
Entry forms must be submitted no later than
Monday, April 2, 2018.
Exhibitionentries@gmail.com One form will be needed for each of your entries
Submitting your work:
Your Work must be Submitted no later than 11 am on Thursday, April 12th 2018
1. All participants in the exhibition should be members of KTAA with membership registration before December 31, 2017. Moreover, members should be active: meaning attending some monthly meeting, and sharing your knowledge with the group.
2. Work displayed and judged in previous years in Kuwait, will not be allowed to be exhibited.
3. Project submitted to the exhibition must be your own work, not done in collaboration with someone else.
4. Work should be recently completed within the last year.
5. Each member will be allowed to display up to 3 items from the same category. The first of which will be displayed free of charge the second and third items will be charged a fee of 5 KD each.
6. All fiber art entries must be done by hand. No machine use is allowed.
7. All quilts including bed quilts, must have a hanging sleeve on the back which is at least 4 inches deep and about 2 inches narrower than the width of the quilt, through which a piece of doweling or bamboo will fit. For bed size quilts put two sleeves on the top with 4’’ gap between. For larger quilts if you put a hanging sleeve from the bottom as well as dowel can be put in there too to ensure the quilt hangs straight.
8. Work submitted must be in a finished state and ready for hanging.
9. The committee has the right to move entries if they are in the wrong category, the committee will notify the artist of the move.
10. The hanging committee will determine the method of hanging and the location of the entries. The Committee also reserves the right to reject any item from the exhibition if hanging is not possible, too problematic or it is in an unfinished state.
11. All submissions must have an identifying label with the name of the artist and title of work securely attached to the back of the entry. Print off the registration number or hand write it, and stitch it over your name. Any item without label will be rejected.
12. If you wish to offer an entry for sale, please indicate your price on the entry form. By offering your entry for sale, you give permission to publish your phone number. All transactions will be between yourself and the potential customer. If you offer your entry for sale, it is your responsibility to ensure that you comply with permission to sell it if you have used a commercial pattern.
13. Every member must complete the entry form that will hang beside her work and send it via email. Kindly use the “comic sans” font to fit to half page.
14. All Participants must attend the hanging process and take turns supervising the hall during the exhibition hours.
Completing the entry form on your computer – 5 easy steps:
1. Download the entry form to your computer.
2. Complete one separate form for each entry and save it on your computer.
3. Compose an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and attach your entry form and send it no later than April 2, 2018. Please submit before the deadline, so the committee has time for the preparations.
4. You will receive a confirmation email.
5. You will receive message with your registration number, print the registration number and stitch it over your name. Any item without label will be rejected.
Collection of Entries
You may pick up your entries on Wednesday April 18, 2018. between 9-11 am at the exhibition hall, please indicate on your entry if someone else is collecting your work.
By sending an entry form to KTAA I agree to honor the rules of the show and to accept the decisions of the judges as final. I understand that KTAA will take every precaution to safeguard the entries during the exhibition, but they will not be held liable for damage or loss. I agree to allow photography of my entry. I agree to permit the image to be used for publications for and about the show. I understand that credit will be given where possible, but that there will be no compensation paid for such use.
Thank you for participating in the 2018 KTAA Exhibition
KTAA Exhibition Coordinator 2018